After a marvelous trip out West — to Colorado and Utah — in the late spring of 2013, I picked up a bit of the traveling bug. But with limited funds and time off, I haven’t had time and money to plan too many adventures. I went to Puerto Rico with a friend in March 2014, which only enhanced the itch.
Basically, I want to travel to all the places.
I’ve always been fascinated by archaeology (I took two courses on it in college), glaciers, volcanoes, the pyramids and cities whose history goes back to a time before the U.S. I want to go on a safari (see Tanzania). And I always love a good beach — I can’t wait to go to the Bahamas some day and experience those crystal clear, blue waters.
Here’s my traveling bucket list:
- London: Visited May 2015
- Paris: Visited May 2015
- Rome: Visited May 2015
- Athens & Marathon, Greece
- Cairo & Giza (The Pyramids)
- Belize — must see Mayan ruins
- Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro
- Los Cabos
- Galapagos Islands
- Easter Island
- San Diego: Visited June 2016
- New York: Visited February 2015
- Los Angeles: Visited October 2016
- San Francisco: Visited April 2016
- Key West
- Grand Canyon: Visited September 2016
- Cape Town, South Africa